Thank you for visiting our website.
In terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (POPIA) everybody has the right to privacy, including the right to the lawful collection, retention, dissemination and use of one’s Personal Information.
The protection of your personal information is important to us. Please take note of the following information pertaining to the collection and processing of data when visiting our website and contacting us.
HANDLING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information (“Data”) refers to all information that can be used to determine who you are or data which can be traced back to you, for example your name, your e-mail address, IP address and telephone number.
In general, you are able to visit AFRICAN ROPE COURSE ASSOCIATION websites without revealing who you are or any personal information about yourself, however, please note that our web servers will collect the data detailed below. (The basic data that your browser sends to each and every website).
DATA COLLECTED: GENERAL BROWSER DATA
If you visit our websites your browser automatically transmits the following data
- Date, time and duration of the time you have spent viewing a page
- Name of your Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- The referring website(s)
- The IP address of your device connecting to the site
- Your internet browser type and version
- The operating system of your device
DATA COLLECTED : COOKIE DATA
When you visit our website, data is also collected by means of cookies. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your device. Cookies usually contain a unique ID that can be used to identify your browser.
Depending on the kind of the cookie, different data is collected and processed.
This website uses Analysis cookies: With the help of these cookies the server is able to track user behavior e.g. which parts of the website is used and how often you visit our websites.
This information is used by AFRICAN ROPE COURSE ASSOCIATION to improve its sites and services.
DATA COLLECTED : ENQUIRIES AND ONLINE FORMS
When you submit and enquiry via a contact form, via email or phone us, we process the personal data you communicate to us, e.g. your name, your email address and your request. The data will be stored in a AFRICAN ROPE COURSE ASSOCIATION repository. The data marked as mandatory has to be provided in order to action your request.
PURPOSES OF DATA PROCESSING:
- In order for our website to function and be delivered to your web browser when you visit the site, it is necessary to store the data collected for a limited period of time.
- Data collected is also used to generate statistics such as the number of visits, the pages viewed, websites referring you to our website, the key words used to find our site, your IP-address, the browser type and language, access time, etc.
- Data is also tracked for security purposes to track and prevent unauthorised access to our web servers and IT systems.
- Cookie Data help us generate statistics on how our websites are used, for instance the number of requests, duration of the visits, which parts of our websites are the most popular. This helps us to measure how effective our presence on the Internet is in order to evaluate the activity on the websites and coordinate website content and functionality to improve the user experience.
RETENTION OF DATA
The data is deleted once it is no longer needed for the specific purposes outlined in this document.
Some of the cookies are automatically deleted after the browser is closed (session cookies), while others remain permanently on your device and allow the website to recognise your browser (permanent cookies).
By means of your web browser configuration, you are able to disable the storage of cookies or selectively accept certain cookies.
Please use the Help functions of your browser to learn how to change these settings. This may result in limited functionality of the website.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
- While AFRICAN ROPE COURSE ASSOCIATION makes all reasonable effort to keep its electronic platforms including its website secure at all times, be advised that it cannot guarantee the security of any information provided to the AFRICAN ROPE COURSE ASSOCIATION or by the AFRICAN ROPE COURSE ASSOCIATION through the AFRICAN ROPE COURSE ASSOCIATION website, e-mail, internet or social media sites.
- Following this the AFRICAN ROPE COURSE ASSOCIATION cannot be held responsible for any loss or unauthorised use or interception of information transmitted via these electronic platforms, including its Internet, which is beyond the reasonable control of AFRICAN ROPE COURSE ASSOCIATION.
- The AFRICAN ROPE COURSE ASSOCIATION website may contain links to other websites (which fall outside of AFRICAN ROPE COURSE ASSOCIATION’s control). AFRICAN ROPE COURSE ASSOCIATION is not responsible for the content, privacy or security of these or any other third party controlled websites.
- In the event of AFRICAN ROPE COURSE ASSOCIATION making use of social plugins of social networks such as Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, or Twitter, please note that AFRICAN ROPE COURSE ASSOCIATION has no influence or control over the extent of the data retrieved by the social networks’ interfaces and accordingly AFRICAN ROPE COURSE ASSOCIATION can not be held responsible or liable for any processing or use of Personal Information transmitted via these plugins and/or platforms.
Regulation of Interception of Communications and Provision of Communication-Related Information Act 70 of 2002 (“RICA”)
Please note that all AFRICAN ROPE COURSE ASSOCIATION electronic platforms including its website, social media and telephone facilities and your use of them can/will be monitored on a regular basis including the recording and interception of content placed on or stored on said platforms which is done for security, integrity and quality assessment purposes, therefore using such electronic platforms and facilities you hereby expressly acknowledge notice of such monitoring and interception and give consent thereto in accordance with the Regulation of Interception of Communications and Provision of Communication-Related Information Act 70 of 2002 (“RICA”).
AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND AND CONSENT TO PROCESS
By accessing or using the AFRICAN ROPE COURSE ASSOCIATION website and URL’s as well as any related sited hosted under its domain names the user: